Home is Where the Dental Care Is
Are you sometimes too busy, too tired, or do you simply forget to take care of your teeth? Well, there is no excuse for not practicing proper dental care. It only takes a few minutes a day at home, along with regular check-ups from an affordable dentist, to have a much healthier smile. Find out how easy it is to take care of your teeth at home.
5 Helpful Dental Care Tips
The right tools make a huge difference in your dental care at home, according to the best dentist professionals. But everyone has different needs, so ask an affordable dentist which dental tools are right for you. Then follow these five proven tips at home to keep your teeth and gums healthy:
- Purchase an ADA-approved toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash, and any other dental care tools your dentist recommends.
- Brush your teeth at least once in the morning and once at bedtime.
- Brush for at least two minutes each time.
- Floss between your teeth at least once a day.
- Get regular professional cleanings from an affordable dentist.
At-Home Dental Care Benefits
Good dental care is as easy as one-two-three. One, find the best dentist for you. Two, once you’ve found an affordable dentist you need to get regular check-ups and cleanings. And the third part of a healthy smile is good dental care at home. The purpose of oral hygiene at home is to keep your smile healthy by providing these dental benefits:
- Remove plaque from your teeth and gums
- Battle tooth decay and prevent gum disease
- Eliminate bad breath
- Lower the risk of infections in the tissue and bone around teeth
- Keep you from having to treat serious dental problems
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Mount Dora, call Advanced Dental Care of Mount Dora today at (352) 729-3668 or make an appointment.